Drawing Different Ethnicities

|
Given the task of drawing two characters from different ethnic backgrounds to my own, I initially fell into the trap of taking the lazy route and opting for the more obvious stereotypical 'tribesman' and Asian woman.
However, after putting a lot of thought into this project, I decided to go for a more controversial  approach.
Although I am not politically minded in any way, shape, or form, and having no personal views as to what is happening in the West Bank, I still find the terrible situation motivating.

Line art drawings and full colour versions.


A Palestinian fighter and an Israeli soldier




Initial pencil sketches


I have enjoyed working on this project. I usually tend to draw Manga characters, for that is where my passion lies. However, I am pleased I have been encouraged by my tutor to work outside of my comfort zone. In fact, inspired by these pieces, when I have some time I shall attempt to create more characters from other war-torn  countries around the world; starting with a Taliban fighter and one of our brave British soldiers.


Below are my initial character design ideas, which are not great!





0 comments:

Post a Comment