Environmental Concept Work

|


Set the task of gathering visual references from in and around Manchester; in my case - using a camera, I then set to work deciding which part of the city would best suit the next part of this project - to produce an environment that could be used within a video game.

After some deliberation, I decided the picture below of Piccadilly Gardens would constitute for an ideal war-torn game environment.

Although many parts of Manchester have been redeveloped over the years, some parts beyond all recognition, I figured the buildings in the backdrop, including Primark and Debenhams, and Queens Victoria's statue on the right, although half hidden, makes this part of the city very identifiable.

The grassy foreground made for a perfect blank canvas for me to work on and after some good advice from my tutor, I eventually settled on the following concept - Piccadilly Gardens - 2034.






Piccadilly Gardens - 2012


Piccadilly Gardens - 2034

0 comments:

Post a Comment